Friday, May 20, 2011

Mountainwest's Northwest Weather

I have a son, a grandson, and a granddaughter living in Washington State and they all seem to love the cool, damp weather. We, here in the Mountain West, have been on the receiving end of the cool, wet days, not typically part of our desert weather patterns. Here it is, the middle of May, and a fierce storm happened last night. There was lightening, thunder and much heavy rain. Then quiet for a while and it happened all over again. About 4:00 a.m. I realized that there were car lights shining into our bedroom, so I got up to see if there were problems in our neighborhood (several years ago there was a mudslide about a block away from our house). I saw no cars, some neighbor must have had to go to work early this morning. Looking outside I saw only a quiet street, it was wet though. So I wandered throughout our house, upstairs and downstairs making sure that no water had found a way inside. By now it was close to 4:30, so I turned on the early morning news. heard that there had been a mud and rock slide last night, but it was far away from our little corner of the world. When it grew light I looked outside again and saw that we had snow on our deck. Will Spring ever come?

No comments:

Post a Comment