Monday, May 16, 2011

More Wind

Saturday night was a very long and wakeful night. The wind was so strong. It created sounds as it whipped past our house. I had to tighten the latch on the door between the laundry room and the garage. That stopped some of the moaning, but I pushed a strip of terrycloth in between the edge of the door and the door frame. The sounds were soft and muffled then. But I couldn't get into the garage without undoing my handiwork.

I watched a couple of small plastic water bottles scramble back and forth in the backyard. I guess the wind blew them onto the grass. It was a frantic game of  'where do they go next' as the strong gusts blew them from place to place. I looked out a bit ago and can only see one right now. The second bottle is probably tucked under a bush or rock

.

No comments:

Post a Comment