Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cookies On A Rain Filled Day

No walk this morning, too much rain. I said to myself, as the raindrops fell onto the wooden planks of our deck. I watched for a while, wishing it would stop so my morning walk could take place. By 7:30 it was still a very wet neighborhood. So I took a shower and started driving into Salt Lake City with plans of spending the morning hunting for a very important marriage certificate, that of my Great Grand parents. But as I drove along the freeway the rain was coming in buckets, or so it seemed. Then a car sped past me, splashing water up, obscuring my vision. A second car came by, did the same thing. It was a long, full puddle in the lane next to me. I changed my mind about Salt Lake and took the very next exit and came back home. I baked a batch of ginger cookies instead of walking or hunting for old records.

No comments:

Post a Comment